Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Carly Desmond is a PhD Candidate at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Working under the supervision of Dr. Ray Truant, her research focuses on understanding the normal and pathological cellular functions of the huntingtin protein, with hopes of identifying potential drug targets for HD.
Articles written by Carly Desmond
- A DNA repair protein modifies the stability of long CAG tracts in the Huntington's disease gene
- Gone fishing: protein network screen identifies new therapeutic targets in Huntington's disease
- Lithium with a twist gets second chance for HD
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors: new HD drugs entering trials soon
- Stem-cell neurons make the right connections